PTI Security – EasyCode Mobile Application Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated: March 30, 2020
PTI Security provides this Privacy Notice to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to your use of a software application (“Application”) on a mobile device that was created by PTI Security to enable Self-Storage facility owners or operators to provide mobile application gate access and security monitoring features for renters. The new and improved EasyCode takes away the hassle of remembering passwords by enabling a simple touch interface to open gates and doors at the storage facility. Plus, users can view their access history, get notifications when their unit alarm is triggered, and view access activity at their unit.
You should bear in mind that your use of the Application is at the request of a Self-Storage facility that is a PTI Security customer (“Facility”). The Facility may also collect and use your personal data independently of us in order to provide its services to you. This Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data you provide when you register with PTI Security to use the Application and does not apply to any personal data you provide directly to the Facility.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time for any reason. You are advised to consult the Privacy Notice regularly for changes via the Application or here.
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information – The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is required in order to be able to use the basic features of the Application.
When you register with us and use the Application, you provide your last name, email address, mobile phone number, password, and facility access code. The information you provide is used to:
- Validate you are a customer at the specified facility
- Create a user account within the EasyCode system using your email address as your account identifier
- An SMS is sent to your phone number to validate your user account during the registration process
- Your phone number and email address is used to send you notifications if you have enabled the notification option within the application
- Your phone number and email address is used in the password reset process
Automatically Collected Information – The Application does not automatically collect information about your device.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
No, the Application does not collect real time location information. However, in order to enable access control functions when you are within a specified range of the facility to which you desire access, the Application accesses information about the location of your device via Bluetooth beacons and the location based services available from your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy notice.
We may share User Provided Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted service providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if PTI Security is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information;
What are my opt-out rights?
Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application – You can stop collection and access of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
Typically, we delete User Provided Information within 60 days of being notified by the Facility that you are no longer a customer, unless otherwise specified by the Facility. Please note that deleting the Application will not delete your information if you are a current customer of a Facility. If you are a current customer of a Facility and would like your information deleted, please contact the Facility to make your request and we will act upon the Facility’s instructions.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at https://ptisecurity.secure.force.com/apex/Support. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
If you’re a user in the European Union, you should know that PTI Security is the processor of your personal information, which means that we are providing a service to a Self-Storage facility. The Storage Site Owner is the Data Controller. Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be provided to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:(a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
PTI Security may process personal information related to individuals in the European Union (EU) and may transfer that information from the EU through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. We are committed to ensuring your information is protected and apply safeguards in accordance with applicable law. Data collected in the EU and European Economic Area (the “EEA”), may be stored, processed or transferred outside of the EEA.
If you’re based in the EU, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State. For example, if you’re based in the UK, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have questions or wish to make a complaint, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us at:
9160 E Bahia Dr Ste 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85260